License Reservation is a feature where you can dedicate one or more user licenses to a specific user. You can think of it as being a permanent member of a specific user feature.
The example diagram shows that we have:
- Two Playout licenses are available
- Four users share the same Policy and User Group
Depending on the example, the following conditions apply:
- USER A can always have access to the Playout module
- Since one Playout license is reserved for USER A, only one of the other users (USER B, C, D) will be allowed to use the Playout module at a time no matter the USER A is using the feature or not.
To reserve a license:
- Select a username from the All Users group
- Go to the Reserved Licenses section inside the Details Panel
- Click on the
- Select a license and click
License reservation is successfully done.