The process of converting content from an internal format to a platform-specific format is referred to as cooking. Reality Engine stores contents and assets in particular formats.
Cook Manager is the RealityHub Module where you can create a new Cook Job and List already cooked (shipped) projects. Each Cook Job goes to Cook Manager Queue, and each available Cook Server gets Cook Job from that Queue to perform a cooking process.
Before you begin make sure that:
To begin your Cook Request:
- Select the Cook Manager tab from Main Menu > Windows
- Click on
+(Plus) to create a New Cook request
Cook Configuration Window
When you click on the New Cook button, the Cook Configuration window appears as shown in the image above. In this window, you can:
- Rename the Cook Configuration
- Select a Project you desire to cook
- Select a Map that belongs to the project you defined
When you press the
Cookbutton, your Cook Configuration details appear:
From left to right, Cook Manager Toolbar buttons represent:
- 1.Cancel: Cancels pending or cooking project
- 2.Clone: Duplicates the selected cook requests
- 3.Recook: Recooks already cooked, canceled, and pending projects
- 4.New Cook: Initiates a cooking process for a selected project
- 5.Delete: Deletes projects from the cooking queue
- Make sure the “WindowsNoEditor” folder of your “incoming” cook package copied in “<SharedFolder>/Projects/Cooks/<ProjectName>/<MapName>/<CookName>/”.
- Create folders manually if needed
Example: <pre>My Shared Folder/Projects/Cooks/My Virtual Scene Project/Starter Map/Incoming_Cook_1/WindowsNoEditor</pre>