Exporting Post Process Material
You can export post-process material data into the Reality API. By using post-process materials, you can render your post-process material on a POST-PROCESS node in Reality API. You can create several post-process materials and combine them into Post Process node.
- To create a new post-process material, Click ADD NEW → MATERIALS & TEXTURES → MATERIAL. You can rename the material.
- Double click on material that you created. On Details panel, click Material Domain and select Post Process.
- Right click into graph and search for constant. Click the Constant to create.
- Click constant. Set constant value to 0.3
- Connect the output pin of the Constant to the Emissive Color input of the CustomPostProcessMaterial node
- Click EDIT → PROJECT SETTINGS
- Scroll down, click Exports under the Reality tab.
- Click on the ➕ button under Post Process Materials, expand the index. Select post-process material that you created. You can give an export name for your post-process material.
- Launch the Reality Setup.
- Click Play on Reality Editor.
- Open the nodegraph. Click CREATE → UE RENDER → POST PROCESS MATERIAL
- Click POST PROCESS MATERIAL node. Expand the MATERIAL property and select the material you created
There are several custom post-process materials already defined. (RealityDistort, RealityBypass, RealityTonemapper)
- Click ADD MATERIAL on POSTPROCESS node.
- Connect the OUTPUT pin of the POSTPROCESS MATERIAL into MATERIAL input pin of the POSTPROCESS node
We learned how to create a new post-process material on Reality Editor and how to set it up in Reality API. Post-process materials are useful to render any POSTPROCESS node.